October 2, 2009

I am still alive!

Hello everyone! It's good to be back in Texas. I was on vacation at my family's lake house for 2 and half weeks, and that went great! A few other things have happened, I had been invited to the state tennis tournament to represent San Antonio. And I accepted, and guess what? Our team won, that makes two years in a row! So, I haven't had a whole lot of time to post on my blog, sorry 'bout that. For right now I am going to do a simple women's daybook because I can't think of anything else.
Simple Woman's Day Book . . .

FOR TODAY, October 2nd, 2009

Outside My Window... Shady and cloudy, it is starting get a tiny bit colder, but there really is no winter in San Antonio.
From the kitchen... I just finished doing the dishes, so nothing at the moment.
I am wearing... Jeans and a grey T-shirt.
I am creating... Currently I am writing this post, but in general, I am writing a sort of instruction manual for a geography game I play, it makes it easier to figure out.
I am going... Probably going to train with Dad tonight at the tennis courts.
I am reading... I am reading a book called, What He Must Be If He Wants to Marry My Daughter, by Vodie Baucham.
I am hoping... I am really hoping that I can go to Heritage Days this October, we try to go every year and it's really the only time that I get to see my best friend Beth.
I am hearing... I am hearing a few things, first I hear the music that I'm listening to from my blog, second I am hearing the background noises of my brother's X-Box, and the cats are nipping at each other, oh & the hum of the refrigerator.
Around the house... My mom is on her computer, I am typing, and David is in his room doing something.
One of my favorite things... ~BIG NEWS~ Guess what I forgot to tell you in the first part of my post? I am learning how to read, write and speak Spanish!!! And I love it! Go Rosetta Stone, it is such a great way to learn a language. It doesn't give you the English word, just a picture and it leaves you to figure it out. And a lot of repetitions, it make's you do the same drills over and over again, which is great because I forget things quickly.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... School, more school, and I will probably be going to work a few times this week, hopefully I will be training with one of my tennis friends and my dad of course. Just as a side note, my dad is the best coach in the world! He is sooooo patient with me, and the best thing is that he never gives me any pressure to do well in the sport, that might be one of the reason I do so well. Go Dad!
Here is picture I thought of sharing...















God Bless Ya' All! Abigail Prudence

No comments: