November 12, 2010

A Modest Heart

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to make another post, I took a trip back to San Antonio to get my braces fixed and to visit family. It was good to see them again. The weather here in Missouri has been great, it looks like it is going to snow in a few weeks! This will be the first time that my home town will have snow, I am very excited! Thank you all so much for your patience, here is my new article. :)

A Modest Heart

This is an interesting subject. Everyone usually thinks that modesty only applies to the outward appearance, but it doesn’t. Having your heart and mind wrapped in modesty is also very important. In this day and age, it is very hard to keep your thoughts clean. The media constantly bombards us with impure things that can fill our mind. But even if you have been exposed to some very unbiblical things, it is still possible to keep your heart and mind clean. First, if you do come in contact with something, be it music or television, or another form of media that is unbiblical, the first thing you should do is pray that God will help you keep your mind clean. Also, reading your bible and fellowshipping with others will help you keep your mind on the right track.

Remember, what is in your heart will come out through your lips. For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. Matthew 12:34b” One of the best ways a person can tell if you have a chaste and modest heart is by listening to what you say. The tongue is the hardest member of the body to control. It is set on the fire of hell and will spew out almost anything, if not controlled by the mind. But the tongue can also be used to bless and to encourage, but it’s all about what you put into your mind. Your ear and eye gates are so important to protect. Both television and music can be used for great good in the kingdom of God, so they are not bad in general. But protecting the kind of fuel that will fire up your spirit tank is harder than it sounds. Everywhere the devil has placed traps for God’s sheep, you can't go hardly anywhere without being bombarded with sinful messages. But the key is to have such an intimate relationship with God that we don’t even notice all the sin around us. This only comes through prayer, reading the word, fasting and praising Him.

There are lots of families that make their own music, if you live in or have been in a musical home, you know that there is a beauty that can't be explained. You can feel the presence of God when you walk in the room. All throughout my childhood I grew up with my father playing hymns on the piano after he got home, I remember dancing around with the tambourine and singing with my father. We had 3 pianos in our living room so we called it the piano room, I still remember him teaching me how to play How Great Thou Art when I was 7 years old. If any of you have experienced this kind of thing in the home, then you know that you can have Godly music in the home and how it can be a great blessing. If you don't have any musicians in the house, then I encourage you to look up and find peaceful Godly music that you can put through the airwaves of your home, it is usually a great blessing to everyone.

Television and movies are not limited to what is available at your local movie rental store. Recently, there has been a lot of very good Christian films that have been produced, you can find a lot of these at the Vision Forum website. And if you can't find what your looking for there, you can always go to Amazon, and see if what your looking for is there. I hope you can all find a way to put something edifying into your heart today.

Here's a couple verses to spur us on to Praise our wonderful Creator:

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psalm 107:15

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. 1 Chronicles 16:34


May God bless you all,

Abigail Prudence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Abigail! =) Very true!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this great post Abigail! Wonderfully written and very true.
Have a great day and keep up the work!
In Christ,
Miriam

Blythe said...

Hey Abigail!

This is the old blogger from Princess on a Farm! :)

I'm a new follower too! Since I followed it when I had my old blog I thought I might as well follow you again!

P.S. my new blog is www.asimplefarmgirl.blogspot.com


lol,yes I still have to add farmgirl! :)