February 15, 2013

Spring garden planning!

I'm finally all better, praise God! Cedar season has finally left and my family is better. Here in Texas the weather has gotten better very quickly! I find myself outside pondering and prepping the garden for new plants, spring is my favorite time of year and I always find myself unable to wait for it to get here, I've already planted a fresh planter full of different varieties of strawberry plants, also some German chamomile and an array of different kinds of flowers. I'll post pictures for you once I've taken them. It's wonderful to already see the birds and the butterflies coming back in the garden and watching the things we planted sprout up. I can't wait to have garden fresh tomatoes back! Hopefully we'll have as many as we did last year, we didn't have to buy tomatoes for the rest of the season we had so many! But what I love more than planting the flowers or watching the butterflies flutter around the flowers is just being outside and enjoy the beauty of it all and thinking of how caring and thoughtful our awesome God must have been when he created everything. It's all been done with such intricate functioning beauty that it leaves one speechlessly praising his Name! He created the plants, fruits, seeds and herbs to be our food!

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; (Psalms104:14)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to YOU it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:29  

To me this is an amazing design. He thought everything through so perfectly and beautifully. A well tended garden is a wonderful place to sit or walk and talk with Him, meditate on and read his Words. I am so thankful God has given me a beautiful garden and a beautiful home. May God bless you all and I hope to write more soon!

God bless,
Abigail Prudence


No comments: